COVID-19 Impacts in Burnaby

 > Home > City Services > Property Taxes & Utilities > Utility Charges

City Services

Was this page helpful? Yes | No

Utility Charges

2020 Utility Notice

2020 Utility Notices will be mailed in early February. To be eligible for the discounted amount, all fees must be paid in full on or before Monday, March 16, 2020, whether or not you have received a bill. Payments received after this date will not be eligible for the discounted amount.

My Property Portal

My Property Portal

View your balances, payments, receive notices and bills via email and more!

How To Pay

How To Pay

Several options are available for paying your bill by the March 16 due date to be eligible for the discounted amount. 

Understanding Your Bill

Your Utility Notice will consist of up to four items:

  • Annual Water Charge
  • Annual Sewer Use Charge
  • Cross Connection Device Charge
  • Residential Garbage Toter Fee

2020 Utility Fees

Supplementary Utility Fees for Secondary Suites

All owners of single- and two-family homes in Burnaby are required to fill out a declaration indicating whether or not they are renting out their home or a suite on the property. Property owners are only required to submit the Supplementary Utility Fees Declaration Form if one (or more) of the following conditions apply:

  • A previous declaration form was not submitted 
  • There is a change in property ownership
  • The rental status of the property has changed

Complete the declaration form »
(Tips: Download the form to your device if you are having difficulties completing it in your web browser. Install Adobe Acrobat Reader or download the app on your device to complete this fillable form.)

This declaration does not need to be completed annually, however if there is a change in the rental status of the property, a new declaration must be submitted within 30 days of the change. View frequently asked questions »

If you rent out your home and do not live on the premises, you are also now required to purchase a House Rental Licence instead of paying additional utility fees. Learn more »

Change of Address

If the mailing address on your Property Tax bill is incorrect, please complete and submit the Change of Address Area 10, Jurisdiction 301 form directly to BC Assessment.

It is important to keep your address current for property assessment and taxation purposes.

Contact the Tax Office

Phone 604-294-7350
Fax 604-294-7153
Tax Office, Revenue Services
First floor of City Hall
4949 Canada Way
Burnaby, BC  V5G 1M2
Monday-Wednesday, 8:00 AM-4:45 PM
Thursday, 8:00 AM-8:00 PM
Friday, 8:00 AM-4:45 PM