Arts Programs at the Shadbolt
We're celebrating our 20th year anniversary this fall! How does one begin to convey what we've accomplished in that time? What exactly does 20 years of expression and personal growth look like? More that 1.5 million students have passed through our doors — take a look at what has transpired over 20 years:
- Visual art students wore out 3,500 paint brushes.
- 2,700 litres of fluid paints covered canvas.
- The ceramic department produced more than 160,000 pots.
- Dancers on our stages performed over 300 times.
- Literary arts students recited up to 2000 poems.
- 10,600 pencils were used — that's enough to write 477 million words — the equivalent of 4,770 novels!
It's incredible when you realize the creativity that has emerged at the Shadbolt Centre over the past 20 years. We celebrate the accomplishments of all who have passed through our doors and are proud to be the conduit for Burnaby's creative expression.