Drop-in Adult Dance Classes
We encourage all participants to register for an entire course. However, if you would like to drop-in to more than one class, multiple drop-in tickets are available for purchase in advance. Purchase tickets at the Shadbolt office prior to the class and before 7:30pm, in person only. For more information call 604-291-6864. (*Drop-in not available during spring session)
- The Shadbolt's, “The Art of Dance” Approach
- The Shadbolt's dance programs approach is non-competitive and sets up an environment that fosters individuality and creative learning. Our program focuses on integrating dance technique with personal expression. What the movement “feels like” is just as important as how the movement is executed. Ideas and concepts are brought into the classroom supporting process oriented learning. This type of environment values diversity, individuality and personal expression.
- What Makes Shadbolt's Dance Programs Unique?
- What makes us unique is that we offer classes in modern dance. In modern dance all ways of moving and expressing are explored; from twisting like a corkscrew from a low level to a high level, to gliding through space like a light feather, to whirling on the floor like a strong tornado, to ascending and expanding like a balloon into the clouds. Dancers learn how to foster their personal expression while moving dynamically and 3-dimensionally in space.
- Shadbolt's Dance Program Values
- We value an injury free approach and recognize that a child’s ability is dependent upon age. Our curriculum is designed to support child development. Recognizing that growth and development is a natural process and happens progressively, our levels are set according this.
- We Are A Community Based Centre
- Dancers learn how to find their own personal expression while learning how to dance with others in a fun and supportive and environment.
- Youth In Motion & Continuum Dance Company
- For experienced and committed dancers interested in performance, the dance program includes the Youth In Motion Dance Company (10-18 years) and the Continuum Dance Company (adults of all ages). Students can have fun and meet new people as they improve their dance.
Fine & Performing Arts Programmer – Dance