|3883 Imperial Street, Burnaby, BC (Kingsway and Boundary Road) | Map
Mailing Address: 101-4946 Canada Way, Burnaby BC V5G 4H7
|Track Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-2:30pm (closed during stadium bookings)
|24-Hour Info: 604-297-4848 | Rental Info: 604-294-7224
Stadium Cell Phone (only monitored during events): 604-868-6517
Access Features: Wheelchair ramp | Note: There is no program registration at this site.
Our Facility. Your Game.
Your Tournament. Your Event.
Centrally located in British Columbia’s Lower Mainland, Swangard Stadium is situated in the northwest corner of Burnaby’s Central Park. It is easily accessible – close to two major automobile routes as well as public transportation (bus and Skytrain). Plenty of overnight accommodations and restaurants are also available nearby.
- Getting Here & Parking
From Hwy 1 Westbound
Take the First Avenue exit (Exit 27), turn right onto First Avenue, then turn right onto Boundary Road. Swangard Stadium is located at the corner of Boundary Road and Kingsway.
From Hwy 1 Eastbound
Take the Willingdon Avenue North exit (Exit 29B). Keep left at the fork and follow the signs for Willingdon Avenue South. Turn left onto Willingdon Avenue South. Turn right onto Kingsway. Turn left onto Boundary Road. Swangard Stadium is located at the corner of Boundary & Kingsway.
From Hwy 99 North
After Oak Street Bridge, turn right onto Marine Drive. Go east on Marine Drive and turn left onto Boundary Road.
Exit at Patterson Street Station, follow path heading west to Swangard Stadium.
Parking is available (360 spots) either at the parking lot at Boundary Road and 47th Avenue or the east lot accessed from Kingsway.
- Stadium Features
- » Seating capacity: 4,500 plus grandstand seats
- » Press box and public address system
- » VIP Lounge/hospitality room
- » Lighted event promotion sign
- » Field lights for evening events
- » 24-hour event information phone line
- » First-aid room
- » LED Score Board
- » Four large dressing rooms with showers
- » Sound System
- » Adjacent parking
- » Concessions
- » Fully accessible by wheelchair and is equipped with parking, viewing and washrooms for people with disabilities.
- » Additional food and alcohol services available upon request
- » Use of 125 folding chairs, 70 (6' and 8') rectangular tables, 2 (10x10) and 2 (10x20) pop up tents included in stadium rental. Up to 4 (20x20) marquee tents available at additional charge.
Check out our virtual tour and photo gallery
Swangard Stadium’s natural grass field accommodates a variety of sports including soccer, football, rugby and field lacrosse.
- » Soccer Field 68 metres x 105 metres
- » Football Field 60 metres x 130 metres
- » Rugby Field 68 metres x 120 metres
Track and Field Facilities
- » Eight lane, 400 metre Olympic regulation oval track
- » Long jump, triple jump and high jump facilities
- » Pole vault facilities
- » Steeplechase pit
- » Infield discus and hammer-throwing circles and cage
- » Javelin run-up for infield throwing
- » Separate shot-put facility
- » Track and field equipment
- Concession & Catering
If you require food for your tournament or event, catering on-site at Swangard is convenient and easy. We also have a concession that can provide general food service.
Our in-house caterers – CITY - burnaby food service – can also provide a variety of catered menus for special functions of all types. Swangard Stadium has a Liquor Primary License and is permitted to serve alcoholic beverages as required.
- Past Events
- » SFU NCAA Division 2 Football
- » Rugby Canada International Matches (2009, 2012, 2014)
- » A Variety of Cultural Festivals
- » Canada Day Concert featuring Spirit of the West (2014)
- » Vancouver Riptide – American Ultimate Disc League
- » CMHA Ride Don’t Hide
- » Woman2Warrior Challenge
- » BC Fed Labour Day Picnic featuring Trooper (2014)
- » RCMP Musical Ride (2013)
- » Microsoft Concert featuring Kelly Clarkson (2013)
- » Canada Cup of Beer (2012-2013)
- » Vancouver International Rugby Sevens Festival (2012)
- » BC Seniors Games (2012)
- » Whitecaps USL & USSF D-2 Pro League Soccer (1987-2010)
- » Canada vs Russia Rugby TEST Match (2009)
- » World Police & Fire Games (2009)
- » FIFA U20 Men’s Soccer World Championship (2007)
- » Best Buy Concert featuring Avril Lavigne (2007)
- » FIFA U19 Women’s World Championship (2002)
- » BC High School Track & Field Championships
- » Harry Jerome International Track Classic
- » 24 Hour Relay for the Kids (1979-2014)
- » Terry Fox Run
- » Rick Hansen Wheels in Motion
- » JDRF Walk for the Cure
- » BC Summer Games (1984 & 1997)
- » Burnaby Centennial Celebration (1992)
- Site Plans
Site Tunnel Plan
Stadium Site Plan