The City is honoured to have our events, facilities and parks recognized in multiple categories in the annual Burnaby Now 2023 A-List, where Burnaby residents vote for what they love about their city.
“There are so many incredible things to see and do in Burnaby, and so many businesses and services that make this community such a special place to live,” said Mayor Mike Hurley. “The A-list is a fantastic resource in our community, and I encourage all Burnaby residents to take some time to explore some of the highlights of this list.”
It’s clear, people love the City of Burnaby’s parks and arts, historic and cultural facilities, which were recognized with first-place showings in categories like Favourite Place to Bring a Tourist, Favourite Sports Facility, and Favourite Place to Walk Your Dog.
Presented by Burnaby Now, the annual awards program encourages residents to nominate who they think does it best in nearly 180 categories. Look for the full list of winners and finalists in the Burnaby Now 2023 A-List guidebook.
City of Burnaby 2023 A-List Winners
- Favourite Hidden Gem: Mintara atop Burnaby Mountain
- Favourite Sports Facility: Christine Sinclair Community Centre and Eileen Dailly Leisure Pool & Fitness Centre
- Favourite Art Gallery: Burnaby Art Gallery
- Favourite Museum, Favourite Historical Site/Landmark, Favourite Place to Bring a Tourist and Favourite Kids Hangout: Burnaby Village Museum
- Favourite Music Festival: Burnaby Blues & Roots Festival and Opera in the Park
- Favourite Live Music Venue and Favourite Place to Bring a Tourist: Deer Lake Park
- Favourite Performing Arts Venue: Shadbolt Centre for the Arts
- Favourite Place to go on a First Date: Burnaby Mountain Conservation Area
- Favourite Wedding Venue: Riverway Golf Course