Apply for your permits
Need to pay an invoice?
Pay your building, engineering and planning invoices online by credit card on invoices.burnaby.ca.
Please note: The Building Department will no longer accept permit applications by email effective November 1, 2023. Permits can be applied for online via My Permits Portal or in-person at the Building Department front counter (2nd floor of City Hall).
Applies to project related work subject to Section 15(1) of the Noise or Sound Abatement Bylaw. Under this bylaw, construction noise or construction-related activities are permitted:
- Monday to Friday between 7 am to 8 pm
- Saturday between 9 am to 8 pm
Where it is impossible or impracticable to comply with Section 15(1) of the Noise or Sound Abatement Bylaw, a Noise Variance request may be considered.
Noise Variances are not provided for parties, gatherings or concerts.
A complete application should include:
- Online application form: all sections in the application form are accurately filled out with details pertaining to the rationale of the variance request, equipment, anticipated decibel levels and noise mitigation measures.
- Draft notice to be distributed to the businesses/residents in the neighborhood adjacent to the proposed work area. Notices are required to be distributed minimum 72 hours before commencement of the work.
- Map outlining where the notices will be distributed (e.g. 1 city block circumference around the proposed work area).
- Associated Traffic Control Permit # (if applicable) – include in additional comments.
- Project name (if applicable) – include in additional comments.
Noise Variance requests require 7 full business days to review once all pertinent information is received.