Apply for a community grant for your non-profit group or organization
The City's community grant program supports cultural, athletic and volunteer assistance groups that provide a service or promote activities beneficial to Burnaby's residents.
The City also supports non-profit organizations that organize community events and festivals. The Executive Committee of Council processes all grant applications.
Review the Community Grant Application Form for more details.
We evaluate your grant applications on the following criteria:
- The number of Burnaby residents the program or service will serve and benefit.
- Community support for your organization.
- How will you address a need in the community?
- Which city goals and objectives is the program or service meeting?
- How will the funds be used in Burnaby?
- What other sources of funding do you have?
- Your organization's needs.
Requests not supported by Burnaby Community Grants
Our grants program doesn't approve requests to:
- cover the costs for your organization's past events
- your organization's past deficits or capital improvements
- provide funding your organization to donate to non-Burnaby based, third party non-profit organizations
Submit your completed grant application no later than Tuesday by 4:45 pm, 3 weeks before the scheduled committee meeting.
|Deadlines||Executive committee of council meeting|
|January 11, 2022||February 1, 2022|
|February 8, 2022||March 1, 2022|
|March 15, 2022||April 5, 2022|
|April 12, 2022||May 3, 2022|
|May 17, 2022||June 7, 2022|
|June 14, 2022||July 5, 2022|
|August 16, 2022||September 6, 2022|
|September 13, 2022||October 4, 2022|
|October 11, 2022||November 1, 2022|
Submit your grant application
Complete the application and mail or email to:
4949 Canada Way
Burnaby, BC, V5G 1M2
Acknowledging the City's support
If you're a successful applicant, you must acknowledge the City's financial assistance on all the program's communications and promotional materials, including brochures, posters, advertisement, websites, news releases, signs, etc.
You can acknowledge the City by using our logo per our Logo Usage Guide for Community Grant Program. Download colour, black or reverse (white) logos below. You can email [email protected] if you're having any difficulty downloading the logos.