- July 6, 2022Harmony for All, a City of Burnaby initiative created in 2021, is ready to provide Burnaby residents in need free access to musical instruments.
- July 5, 2022Burnaby Art Gallery is excited to present Carried Through the Water, a solo exhibition by Diyan Achjadi.
- June 26, 2022The City of Burnaby is opening four Cooling Centres beginning on Sunday, June, 26 for anyone seeking relief from the heat extreme heat expected in the coming days. These Cooling Centres will operate from 10am to 10pm daily until extreme heat has ended.
- June 23, 2022The City of Burnaby is offering some great ways to celebrate the summer with the return of outdoor movie nights and a free live performance series scheduled to run until September 4.
- June 21, 2022The City of Burnaby encourages all Burnaby residents, workers and visitors to sign up for “Alertable” to receive notifications about critical and potentially life-threatening emergencies in the city.
- June 20, 2022
City seeks input on new Confederation Park Community Centre and Covered Sports Box being developed in northwest BurnabyThe City of Burnaby is developing new community facilities at Confederation Park that will tie together existing facilities and provide new spaces for neighbourhood arts, fitness and recreational activities.
- June 20, 2022The City of Burnaby has partnered with the Burnaby School District to support the efforts of a Grade 6/7 class at Westridge Elementary, who came up with the idea to put reconciliation into action through the installation of a new crosswalk near their school, designed by a local Indigenous artist.
- June 17, 2022The City has embarked on “Burnaby 2050”, a multiple phase project to renew Burnaby’s Official Community Plan (OCP). Burnaby’s current OCP was adopted in 1998, and the community has experienced considerable growth and change in the nearly 25 years since. The new OCP will cover the next 25 years, establishing a long-term vision and planning framework for the city through to 2050.