Burnaby is a great place to live, work and play. The City builds, maintains, rehabilitates and improves infrastructure such as roads, utilities, parks and public buildings to meet our community’s needs–now and into the future. For some of our projects, we are seeking public input. You can easily identify these projects by the green bar with 'Active Engagement'. For an in-depth look at the projects and services planned over the next five years, have a look at the City’s Financial Plan.
- In progressA multi-use path separated from vehicle traffic will improve north-south cycling and walking connections on the Gilmore Diversion over Highway 1.
- In progressThis project involves upgrading Kensington Ave, Curtis St and Hammarskjold Dr streets to improve access and enhance safety.
- In progressA project proposed by TransLink, a gondola is being considered to provide fast, frequent and reliable service between SkyTrain and Burnaby Mountain.
- PlannedThis state-of-the-art tennis facility will be located in the Burnaby Lake Sports Complex (BLSC). Its creation is a partnership between Tennis Canada and the City of Burnaby, which owns and operates BLSC.
- In progressA simple, expedited process is temporarily assisting local businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic to add outdoor seating or expand their services outdoors.
- In progressIn spite of significant and sustained opposition from hundreds of individuals, as well as governments, not-for-profit organizations and First Nations, on June 18, 2019, the Government of Canada approved the Trans Mountain Expansion Project—a 1,150-kilometre pipeline between Edmonton, Alberta, and Burnaby, B.C. Construction is now under way.