Permits & Applications

Apply for your permits

Find all the information you need to apply for your permits below. Can't find what you're looking for? Visit our related links or contact the department directly for assistance.

Need to pay an invoice?

Pay your building, engineering and planning invoices online by credit card on

Food and beverage businesses can apply to add outdoor seating or spaces for their customers. 

Please visit our Active Patio Program page for more information and instructions on how to apply online.


[email protected]

General inquiries

For property owners wishing to change the address of their property. Please fill out both the application form and agent authorization form and submit with applicable fee.

Referral for operating a home-based child care facility. 

For change of use, building addition or changes to external appearance proposed for a property. A Preliminary Plan Approval is an approval granted by the Director Planning and Building ensuring compliance with the Zoning Bylaw. 

For property owners wanting to use or develop their land in a way that is not permitted under the present zoning. 

For any structure or advertising device, visible from any street that is used to attract the attention of the general public. Signs can be placed in a variety of locations such as on an awning, canopy, face of a building (fascia), roof, window or on their own as a free-standing sign.

Please contact the Planning Department to speak to a Sign Bylaw Technician before getting started. 

For property owners wanting to create a new parcel(s) of land out of an existing parcel or consolidate parcels.

For temporary land uses not permitted under the current zoning districts, subject to Council approval. Temporary Use Permits are valid for up to 3 years and may be renewed once for an additional maximum 3 years. 

Was this page useful?