Maintenance Requests

The City maintains streets, lanes, sidewalks, traffic signals, streetlights and more to make our roads clean, safe and accessible for everyone.

If you spot an issue–such as a broken or damaged streetlight, traffic signal or traffic sign–report it to the appropriate division.

Road and sidewalk maintenance

Find information on road maintenance, including sidewalk or pothole repairs, snow, ice and flooding control, and more.

Street lights and traffic signals

Request a light or traffic signal or report a damaged light pole or signal on your street.

Street signs and road markings

Learn about the upgrades we're doing to street signs and road markings in Burnaby.

View, sidewalk and lane obstructions

Learn how to report an obstruction or what to do if something on your property–like an overgrown tree, or a fence or sign–is reported as obstructing a view, lane or sidewalk.

Have questions?

Engineering General Inquiries
Engineering Dispatch
Emergency and after hours

For concerns regarding roads and pathways at UniverCity, please view the UniverCity jurisdiction map to see if the area is owned by SFU or City of Burnaby. If the road and/or pathway is owned by SFU, please contact the SFU Facilities Management General Office: [email protected]

Was this page useful?