Explore the Outdoors
Breathe in the fresh air while you explore the beautiful outdoors. Programs offered throughout the year included kayaking, canoeing hiking and snowshoeing. Come and enjoy the picture perfect scenic views of nature and wildlife, learn new skills and meet new people. Most of all, get out there and be active!
Take a browse through our Outdoor Programs and sign up today.
- Crazy about Canoeing | 6-8 yrs | Oct 21 | 9am-3pm | 410383
- Crazy about Canoeing | 9-12 yrs | Oct 21 | 9am-3pm | 410384
- Keen for Kayaks | 8-12 yrs | Sep 30 | 9am-3pm | 410390
- Nuts About Squirrels - Parent & Tot | 3-5 yrs
Sep 24 | 1-2:30pm | 410431
- Eensy, Weensy Spiders - Parents & Tot | 3-5 yrs
Oct 2 | 10-11:30am | 410635
Oct 2 | 1-2:30pm | 410636
Important information for program participants
Thank you for registering in one of our outdoor programs. Please open and review the map and informational package for your program. Also be sure to open, review, print and sign the appropriate waiver for all participants. If you are unable or do not have access to a printer, your instructor will have extra waivers on hand for you to sign at the beginning of the program. Keep in mind that those under the age of 19 years need their parent/guardian to sign the waiver. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to call the Outdoor Recreation Coordinator at 604-294-7224.
Note: All DAY hiking trips leave from Burnaby City Hall. Meet our City of Burnaby Bus in the bus loop. The Farmer's Market is running May to October on Saturday's at City Hall - please allow extra time to find parking or take transit.
- Participant Package - For Crazy about Canoeing and Keen for Kayaks
- Program Waiver for Children & Youth - under 19 yrs for all other outdoor recreation programs
- Program Waiver for Adults - 19 yrs +
Click on the + below to view more information about our programs.